Earn top pay & launch your career as a Fleet Manager
We are a leader in the transportation of perishable food items throughout the nation hauling for some of the largest names in perishable foods such as Tyson, Smithfield, Hormel Foods, Kraft Foods and many other recognizable names. Our operation includes a fleet of 750 tractors and 1,475 reefer units and continues to grow day by day. We also pride ourselves on delivering our customers’ freight 98%+ on-time. K&B continues to grow and we’re looking for new team members to join to help us maintain our on-time delivery and deliver exceptional customer service.
What Does a Fleet Manager Do?
As a Fleet Manager you will work in the heart and soul of the company providing front-line leadership and direction to a group of drivers. Some of the activities you will be responsible for include but are not limited to:
- You will be responsible for each driver assigned to you and make sure all rules and regulations are followed by your assigned team.
- Properly plan and analyze each load with each driver, ensuring that the pick-up and delivery schedule can be achieved within driving hours of service as well as additional stops such as fuel stops and breaks.
- Route equipment/drivers to shipper and customer destinations using the PC Miler computerized routing system and send instructions via Qualcomm GPS.
- Monitor driver time-off periods and ensure compliance with company standards.
- Monitor mileage performance by driver/truck and ensure that company mileage goals of at least 2,500 miles per week is achieved by each driver.
- Conduct driver counseling regarding infractions of rules when necessary.